Crunchy, tangy, spicy and packed with flavor. If this is eating right, we’ll take more!
With a renewed focus on taking good care of ourselves, we’ve been analyzing our fruit and vegetable intake. It is recommended by the Center of Disease Control and Prevention that adults our age consume two to three cups of vegetables a day. Our daily intake was not making the cut. We love flavor. We were not about to sit in front of cups of raw vegetables mindlessly eating in order to make the numbers. So we worked up a flavor-packed dressing and had a hard time putting the fork down.
Slaw with Spicy Almond Ginger Dressing
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce (we like Cholula)
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp spicy garlic sauce (in the Asian food section)
- 5 cups chopped vegetables (Cabbage and carrots should be the base. Add other vegetables to your liking. Bell peppers, edamame, broccoli… anything crunchy would work.)
- Sliced almonds or other nuts as garnish
- Whisk together honey, oils, vinegar, soy sauce, almond butter, salt, hot sauce, ginger, garlic and spicy garlic sauce to make dressing.
- Pour dressing over chopped vegetables. Toss.
- Serve slaw garnished with sliced almonds or other nuts.