A big mug of freshly brewed coffee and a couple scoops of eggnog ice cream dressed up with shaved nutmeg: Bring it on, Winter!
This ice cream is divine.
Rich Eggnog Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 8 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Heat cream and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves and heat until mixture almost boils, about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, using a heat diffuser if necessary.
- Meanwhile, beat yolks and sugar until the mixture is light yellow and smooth.
- Add 4 tbsp of hot cream mixture to egg mixture and stir until combined. This will temper the eggs.
- Slowly add warmed yolk mixture to warm cream. Stir continuously in order to not cook/curdle eggs.
- Cook entire mixture over low heat until slightly thickened and mixture coats the back of a spoon. Cool completely. I put the mixture in the refrigerator overnight before I use it.
- Pour into freezer bowl of ice cream machine. Turn machine on and mix until mixture thickens, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to airtight container and place in freezer until firm, about 2 hours.
Such a great recipe! 🙂
Thanks for reading!
This makes me wish two things. One, that I wasn’t lactose intolerant, and two, that my Kitchenaid stand mixer/ ice cream machine hadn’t died on me two years ago.
Hi Amber, We’ve learned that not all KitchenAid stand mixers are not created equal. Some have more power – and therefore tend to last longer.
Reblogged this on What's For Dinner? and commented:
Oh yes. Even after Christmas, I will have to make this due to my love of eggnog!
Let us know how it comes out if you do. This is definitely a favorite of ours!
Sure will! !
Reblogged this on Living and Lovin.
Reblogged this on The ObamaCrat™.
Thanks for the reblog!
Happy Holidays ♥ Happy Hanukkah ♥ Happy Kwanzaa ♥
Merry Christmas ♥ AND A Happy New 2014 ♥ (*‿*)
And to you!
Reblogged this on idealisticrebel and commented:
This sounds like heaven. But I did make homemade pepperoni bread today.
Pepperoni bread sounds nice! Thanks for the reblog.
Reblogged this on SherayxWeblog.
Thanks for reblogging!
Reblogged this on TGM.
Yes, bring it on…. That just maybe our new tradition… btw, Merry Christmas and have a healthy happy awesome New year!
Best of the holidays to you, too, Pam. And here’s wishing 2014 brings you all the best!