Our young hand-models enjoyed orange peel halves stuffed with dreamy creamy orange ice cream in exchange for their work. (Hey, modeling is hard work!)
Today is winter solstice. Two-hundred miles north of the Arctic Circle it is 1 degree F, but the frigid breeze makes it feel like -13. The sun set fifteen days ago and hasn’t peeked above the horizon since. The official beginning of winter is the perfect day to enjoy a taste summer. This ice cream was inspired by the orange covered vanilla popsicles we enjoyed as kids.
Dreamy Creamy Orange Ice Cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk eggs until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in sugar a little at a time until completely blended.
- Pour in cream and milk and whisk to blend.
- Add juice concentrate and vanilla and blend well.
- Complete by following the directions of your ice cream maker or method.
Oh boy. I loved cream-sickles as a kid. I will have to make this soon. Thanks.
Let us know how it turns out!
Looks absolutely delicious!
Thanks for reading and commenting!
This looks really good!
The kids had fun with the half orange peels as bowls, too!
Looks so yummy!
Reblogged this on Recipe Reblog.
Reblogged this on itsyourstorysowriteit.
Thanks for the reblog.