Our young hand-models enjoyed orange peel halves stuffed with dreamy creamy orange ice cream in exchange for their work. (Hey, modeling is hard work!)
Today is winter solstice. Two-hundred miles north of the Arctic Circle it is 1 degree F, but the frigid breeze makes it feel like -13. The sun set fifteen days ago and hasn’t peeked above the horizon since. The official beginning of winter is the perfect day to enjoy a taste summer. This ice cream was inspired by the orange covered vanilla popsicles we enjoyed as kids.
Dreamy Creamy Orange Ice Cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk eggs until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in sugar a little at a time until completely blended.
- Pour in cream and milk and whisk to blend.
- Add juice concentrate and vanilla and blend well.
- Complete by following the directions of your ice cream maker or method.