Moist, delicious muffins filled with carrots, pineapple, pecans, and currants.
Sometimes, I wake up and want muffins for breakfast. The beauty of this muffin recipe is two-fold. It’s a quick recipe. Fifteen minutes after they were popped into the oven, they were ready to eat! And the recipe is a great base recipe. So many of the ingredients could be swapped for others to result in another version of a moist, tasty muffin. The carrots could be swapped with grated zucchini or summer squash. The pineapple could be replaced by chopped apple or smashed banana. The pecans and currants could be traded with any kind of nuts and dried fruits. The variations can be as wild as you can imagine. Just check your pantry and make a batch!
Carrot, Pineapple and More Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- Grease 12-muffin tin. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir carrots, pineapple, pecans and currants into flour mixture.
- Stir egg mixture into flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until tops are golden brown and spring back to the touch.