Tasty wheat bread with subtle flavors of coffee and chocolate goes well with both savory and sweet accompaniments.
While the all-purpose flour stores in our pantry are diminishing, we still have an abundance of wheat flour. The exceptional wheat bread we made earlier this year was fabulous, but it is time and labor intensive. This weekend called for a loaf with more “auto-pilot” in the directions – and more of the work being done by our trusty Zojirushi bread machine. We found a well-reviewed recipe that included wheat flour. After sampling a slice of the finished product with butter and honey, we both agreed it was a delicious addition to our bread rotation.
Infused Wheat Bread
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp coffee extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp unsweetened Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp yeast
- Place ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer and select regular bread setting.
- Start machine and relax while the machine does the work!
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com.