The drizzle of matcha tea delivers the first hit. Next up, a tasty triple of nuttiness delivered by almond extract, toasted almonds, and the subtle nuttiness of browned butter. These cookies are big on flavor.
My inspiration for these cookies were the white chocolate matcha creations from last week. I wanted an attention grabbing look for today’s creation to match the equally attention grabbing flavor. I think I did a pretty good job. What do you think?
Matcha Tea Almond Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, browned
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp toasted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- In a medium bowl, mix together browned butter, sugar, and egg.
- Mix in both extracts.
- Mix in flour.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop tablespoon drops of dough onto baking sheet.
- Flatten drops slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are slightly browned.
- Let cookies cool.
- Create frosting by mixing matcha powder, confectioner’s sugar, melted butter and milk until it is smooth and spreadable.
- Frost each cookie with matcha frosting. I spooned the frosting into a zip bag, snipped off the end, and drizzled the frosting.
- Top with toasted almonds.
Recipe makes 16 cookies.
I think you made an amazing job!!
I’ll be trying the recipe next weekend, thanks for sharing 🙂
Thanks! We’re almost finished eating our batch. Let us know how yours come out!