The look of these delicious green cookies may remind you it is Saint Patrick’s Day, but the flavor will inspire thoughts of Japan.
Green Tea Cookies with White Chocolate
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp Japanese green matcha powder
- generous pinch salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- 8 ounces white chocolate (chopped)
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, matcha powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together butter, sugars, eggs and milk.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Fold in white chocolate.
- Roll dough into two 2-inch (5 cm) logs. Wrap logs in plastic wrap. Refrigerate wrapped dough for at least 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut dough into 1/4 inch slices. Place slices of dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place cookies about an inch apart.
- Bake cookies for 8 – 10 minutes. Edges will just begin to brown.
- Cool slightly. Then finish cooling on wire rack.