Three types of chocolate plus melted toffee bits on the top nestled in a chewy cookie will satisfy even the strongest chocolate craving.
When traveling from the tiny bush village of Point Hope to the big city of Anchorage, it is customary to bring home produce or other items that are difficult to find in the village.
Standing in the produce section of our favorite Anchorage grocer surrounded by a bounty of colorful, crisp, juicy offerings such as asparagus, leeks, zucchini, avocados, and mangoes, I call Jack to see if there is anything special he wants me to bring back. “Bring Some Chocolate Home,” he requests (demands). Knowing I still have ten pounds of chocolate chips to use up in the next two-and-a-half months, I respond as my students do to me in their cute, slightly cheeky way: “Nope.” Poor guy was suffering not only from a lack of chocolate, but from a lack of freshly baked goods as well due to my absence of several days.
So, this delicious, chocolate-stuffed, brownie-like cookie is dedicated to Jack. When I asked him what he thought of this recipe, he merely pointed to his empty plate indicating a request for another. That’s my Jack.
Triple Chocolate Toffee Almond Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dutch pressed cocoa
- dash salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp Penzeys double vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed toffee bits
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, blend together butter, sugars, and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips, toffee bits and almonds.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Baked for 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container.
Oh Yummmmmmmmmmm! A mouth watering delicious picture!
🙂 Took only half-an-hour to make 3 dozen cookies!
I think I could live on toffee bits… and bacon.
Yes and Yes!