Tempting to eat straight from the oven, these soft rolls are perfect for any savory filling. The dough can be shaped to accommodate big burgers, sliders, or even hot dogs. Most recently, we enjoyed them with barbecued turkey sandwiches made from Christmas dinner leftovers.
I first made these soft and delicious buns to go with Jack’s Bison Sloppy Joes with Roasted Bell Peppers. They came out perfectly soft and fluffy with no trace of doughiness. I’ve since made variations by adding dried onions into the dough as well as different toppings, such as sesame seeds. This recipe is now the go-to recipe for buns in our home.
Perfect Hamburger Buns
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp extra light olive oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- Place all the dough ingredients into the bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Set machine to dough setting. Start machine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Turn finished dough onto a lightly oiled work surface.
- Knead for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Cut dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Take each piece and roll into ball using cupped hands.
- Place dough balls onto baking sheet.
- Flatten each dough ball into bun-size and shape. Dough balls should be about an inch thick.
- Cover with a cloth and let dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake rolls for 12 minutes, or until tops are golden.
- Cool on wire rack before slicing.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com.
I will definately have to try this!! Looks great!
Thanks Reba! Let us know how they come out!
Barbara & Jack….I step away from grabbing a fork and knife and booking a flight. In other words Those look GREAT! You guys surely eat well:) By the way did I say Happy New year! May the both of you have the best year ever!
By the way, Pam, thanks much for being our #1 reader this past year. We greatly appreciate the comments and support!
You’re welcome! I love reading your blog…I’m always learning something and I’m always showing my husband your blog whether he wants to see it or not…LoL:) Happy New Year!
I meant to say I’m one step away….
Thanks! Hope 2013 is full of joy for you, too.
Reblogged this on Cooking Up a Storm With Miss Polly and commented:
Hello there Barbra & Jack Donachy,
Paulette Le Pore Motzko here or “Polly Motzko” as my nick name goes.
I just created what will be an indexable web cook book called “Cooking Up a Storm with Miss Polly” last night and found your wonderful Fluffy Hamburger Bun recipe and reblogged it on there! May 2013 be a fantastic year for the both of us a food writers, cooks, bakers and bloggers!
I welcome you both to join my other site, “Cooking Up a Storm All Over The World!” at:
http://www.CookingUpaStorminCa.ning.com. It has 204 members on it now and 27 cooking groups. If you would like it I could make you Contributing Writers on it.
Happy New Year!
Thanks for the reblog and the invitation! We’ll check our your site!
Happy New Year to you, too.
Jack and Barbra