Serve this easy yet impressive baked French toast with slices of fresh fruit, maple syrup, hot coffee and a side of bacon or smoked salmon for breakfast or brunch.
Pecan Overnight French Toast
- 1 French bread baguette
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup whole milk or soy milk
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Ingredients for pecan topping:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish.
- Cut French bread into approximately 1-inch cubes.
- Spread cubes on bottom of glass baking dish.
- Thoroughly mix together eggs, cream, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover dish and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Bring bread mixture out of refrigerator while preheating oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare pecan topping by mixing butter, pecans, and brown sugar.
- Spread pecan mixture evenly over bread mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until golden and puffed.
- Serve with maple syrup.
You might also like Overnight French Toast with Blueberries.