Cookies bursting with chewy cherry chunks, white chocolate chips and delicious pecans are so good straight from the oven and even better a couple of days later… if they make it that long!
It was a cold, overcast afternoon 200 miles north of the Arctic Circle. After two late nights of work in a row, we were rewarded with a two-hour head start on our weekend. All we needed was a cup of hot tea and some warm cookies to go with. What? No cookies? A quick perusal of the pantry revealed a bag of white chocolate chips, dried cherries, and pecan halves. Don’t worry, Jack, fresh warm cookies are on the way!
White Chocolate Chip Cherry Pecan Chunk Cookies
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Mix in milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
- Stir flour into butter mixture until just combined.
- Use same bowl as flour to mix together nuts, cherries, and chocolate chips.
- Stir nut mixture into dough, until just combined.
- Drop by tablespoons onto parchment-covered baking sheets.
- Bake for 11 minutes.
- Let cool on wire racks.
Recipe adapted from food network.com.
these sound absolutely delicious, will put this on my baking project list 🙂
so many goodies in these cookies 🙂
I love the unique flavors you’ve added to these cookies. I bet they are delish!
Just when I think it can’t get any better you come up with these cookies! Yum:)