Good morning Ulaanbaatar! A stack of moist, flavorful pancakes topped with real maple syrup and we’re ready for anything the day has to offer.
Boring oatmeal for breakfast? No way! One bite and you will forget how healthful these pancakes are. This may become your go-to pancake recipe. It is now ours!
Honey Wheat Oat Banana Pancakes
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 ripened banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch mace or grated nutmeg
- pinch salt
- chopped nuts for garnish
- Chop oats finely by using a blender or a nut chopper.
- In a medium bowl, soak oats in buttermilk for 10 minutes.
- Mix egg, banana, butter and honey into oat mixture.
- Mix flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, mace and salt into oat mixture.
- Heat pan over medium heat.
- Lightly oil pan.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto pan. Cook until bubbles appear on surface, then flip. Continue cooking for another minute until pancake is golden brown.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and garnish with nuts.