Sometimes you need a big, soft, peanut buttery cookie stuffed with M&Ms and white chocolate chips.
OK, sometimes you need two. I love recipes measured in tablespoons and minutes, especially when they produce a soft cookie with an instant connection to childhood – and when there is enough to share with a friend.
Two Monster-Sized Monster Cookies
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 8 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp quick oats
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup M&Ms
- 2 tbsp white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 C).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together first 6 ingredients.
- Stir in flour, oats, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in M&Ms.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half. Scoop each half onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 20 – 22 minutes, until edges are slightly browned.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.