Dedicated to fully addicted chocoholics, this chocolatey chocolate with chocolate-chip cookie is not for people who just “like” chocolate. Are you getting how chocolatey these are?
This low-flour cookie is dense and fudge-like. Because the dough is quite sticky, I recommend using a cookie scoop and then rolling the chilled dough in a coating such as chopped nuts, confectioner’s sugar or coconut in order to make handling the dough easier. This extra touch also enhances the taste, texture and the presentation.
Chocolate Truffle Cookies
makes 3 dozen cookies
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided equally
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a microwave or in a bowl warmed over a pan of simmering water, place the butter and 1 cup of chocolate chips and melt together, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to slightly cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick and pale, about 2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and the chocolate mixture until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir into the chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips. Cover dough and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Roll chilled dough into 1 inch balls. Roll dough balls to coat with chopped pecans. Place on ungreased cookie sheets so they are 2 inches apart.
- Baking time will vary depending on how chilled the dough is when it goes into the oven. Place cookies into preheated oven. Check at 9 minutes. Finished cookies should be puffed up and slightly cracked on top. This may take up to 15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe was adapted from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-truffle-cookies/detail.aspx.
Oh! These cookies look so great!
Thanks! These are already among our very favorite chocolate cookies.
OK – yum! Have you guys been having a cooking binge or something?
We are entertaining ourselves by cleaning out our pantry. 😉
If this is how you clean out your pantry, you don’t need scallops in the Bay of Islands! Most impressed. 🙂
Oh…we need scallops!
Hi my name is Jessi and I’m a chocoholic. It’s been 36hours since my last bite… I think it’s time to bake again. These look awesome =)
The first step is to admit that you have a problem. The next step is to make these cookies!
Wow! These look divine! Can’t wait to try them!