Thanks to acorninthekitchen for nominating us for the Versatile Blogger Award! Previously from Spain but now living in Ireland, you can check out recipes on his site by clicking here acorninthekitchen. We are intrigued by “home” food that gets transported to new places – the idea of food as portable culture. Not to mention that Ireland and Spain are both high on our list of countries we hope to visit!
Sites we visit:
- Rufus’ Food and Spirits (A Foodie’s Paradise)
- Callum Snape Photography (Really good nature photography)
- RaeDi at Hummingbird Hollow (Hummingbirds, blackberry pies and other good things)
- Photo Nature Blog (Great shots of birds and more)
- the Complete Tsurbito (Fishing, cooking and exploring in Japan and Asia)
- The Sydney Life (Terrifically vibrant Down Under take on food, art and culture)
- Julia Segura (Emphasis on food and food photography)
- Fox Hollow Magazine (North East Coast lifestyle, living, tourism and food)
- Everywhere Once (Way cool backpack travel)
- The Capt’ and SME (Sailing the West Coast… and maybe farther)
- Orples (Writing and photography on various topics)
- Rhoda Kirwan (Baking, cooking and photography from Ireland
- At Home in Alaska (Alaska resource page with good recipes to boot)
- delicio8 (Food and food photography by a food lover)
- traveldestinationbucketlist (bicycling… everywhere!)
Seven things about us:
- We love to research and plan the things we do, but then we end up doing most of them by the seat of our pants.
- We’ve learned that, apparently, “Never” actually means “Someday” (at least sometimes).
- We don’t own a TV.
- Our favorite movies are romantic comedies and real-life adventure documentaries.
- Half the time, neither one of us has any idea what we’re doing until we actually do it. This has led to some comical outcomes.
- On one of our early dates, we went on a tent-camping road trip from Sacramento, California to Astoria, Oregon. The first time we set up a tent, it was as though we’d been doing it all our lives together.
- If we weren’t planning to go sailing, we’d buy a piece of land somewhere and homestead.
Jack & Barbra Donachy
Hey you two – many thanks for the mention! I went out to lunch with a girlfriend the other day who couldn’t believe I have a follower NORTH OF THE ARCTIC CIRCLE!!! It’s my favourite thing – the cyber-friends you make from around the world.
BTW – I whipped up some of your stick blender mayo’ last night. Fab-u-lous! Thanks for the recipe.
All the best from down-under 🙂
We really enjoy your blog!
Thank for the mention guys! (I am a he not a she) 😉
I made the change!
Congratulations on your well deserved award, and thank you for the mention. You do offer some wonderful stories and recipes … this award couldn’t have gone to a better blog!. Great job.
Hey, congrats! Well deserved. 🙂
Oh, thank you! I enjoy your blog as well. I love to read about your life in Alaska.