Pesto gives this bread a subtle tint with basil speckles, the aroma of parmesan and a pleasant pine nut crunch.
A previous version of this bread I made was really tasty, but I wanted more pizzazz. So I upped the amount of pesto and added additional chopped pine nuts for more flavor and a subtle layer of texture. The mixture went into my Zojirushi bread machine and came out with the desired taste and texture but still light and airy. It was so tempting, half the loaf didn’t survive till the photo shoot!
Pesto Pine Nut Bread Machine Loaf
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp dry yeast
- 1/3 cup chopped pine nuts
- Place ingredients in bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Start machine.
- Remove baked loaf at the end of cycle and cool on a wire rack for at least an hour before slicing.