Lightly candied and oven roasted, these pecans are perfect for snacking, as a dessert topping, or savored on a fresh garden salad.
Our kitchen is always well stocked with pecans and almonds. They’re great plain, but sometimes it’s fun to gussy ’em up a bit. This easy recipe results in snack that goes as well on morning oatmeal as it does as the finishing touch on a fresh salad.
Sweet Roasted Pecans
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups pecans
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites, water and vanilla in bowl of a stand mixer. Attach wire whip attachment.
- Whip egg mixture until really fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Fold pecans into egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugars and cinnamon.
- Fold in sugar mixture to pecan-egg mixture.
- Spread nuts evenly on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle sea salt over nuts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 – 75 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes. Nuts should be toasted and fragrant.
- Cool in pan. Stored cooled nuts in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com.